Matthew 25: CRS Rice Bowl Grant

The Catholic Relief Services' Rice Bowl Lenten Program serves as one of the main fundraisers for CRS.   CRS Rice Bowl is Catholic Relief Services’ Lenten faith-in-action program for parishes, schools and families. The program invites Catholics to live in solidarity with our poorest and most vulnerable brothers and sisters through the three Lenten pillars of praying, fasting, and almsgiving.   When you give to CRS Rice Bowl, 75% of your donations support CRS’ humanitarian relief programs in nearly 100 countries worldwide. The remaining 25% of your donations go to hunger and poverty alleviation efforts here within the Archdioceses of Indianapolis as part of the MATTHEW 25: CRS RICE BOWL GRANT.

It is through the generosity of those who participate in the CRS Rice Bowl program that makes the Matthew 25: CRS Rice Bowl Grant possible.     

The Archdiocese of Indianapolis is offering grants for parishes, schools and faith-based organizations that are in relationship with the Archdiocese, that are aiding in alleviating hunger and poverty within the Archdiocese.   Examples would be soup kitchens, food pantries, homeless shelters and mentoring programs for families or individuals in need. 

Application Deadline: All Applications must be received via email or mail by February 4, 2019.

Grant Application

The amount of funding available will be based on the 25% of the CRS Rice Bowl donation that is returned to the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.

Click Here for a list of the 2017 Matthew 25: CRS Rice Bowl Grants

Click Here for a list of the 2016 Matthew 25: CRS Rice Bowl Grants

Click Here for a list of the 2015 CRS 25% Rice Bowl Grant recipients

Click Here for a list of the 2014 CRS 25% Rice Bowl Grant recipients

2016 Lenten Faith-in-Action CRS Rice Bowl Program Participants

The Archdiocese of Indianapolis and Catholic Relief Services would like to thank each of the following parishes and schools for participating in the CRS Lenten Faith-in-Action Rice Bowl Program.  
Catholic Relief Services believes that not only are we called to love and aid our neighbors around the world, but we are also called to love and serve those within our local communities as well.   With that in mind, 25% of all gifts given via the CRS Rice Bowl stay within the Archdiocese of Indianapolis to aid those parishes and community groups who are working to alleviate poverty.

2015 CRS Lenten Faith-in-Action Rice Bowl Participants

2016 CRS Lenten Faith-in-Action Rice Bowl Participants

Local site Links: