Main Site Navigation
Holy Family Shelter, a program of Catholic Charities Indianapolis, opened in 1984 as the first emergency shelter specifically for homeless families in Indianapolis. Our shelter has the capacity to house up to 22 homeless families every night. Depending on family size, there is an average of 55-85 individuals living at the shelter daily. We work diligently to provide food, shelter, basic material needs and a safe place for homeless families to begin the process of working towards permanent housing and self-sufficiency. Our case managers provide comprehensive integrated social services to assist families in setting goals & priorities, obtaining life skills, and accessing employment & housing. Holy Family Shelter annually serves 300 homeless families which include more than 600 homeless children.
Top Ten Most Needed Items for the Month of April 2017
1. Fresh fruit (oranges, apples, bananas)
2. Breakfast cereal (Kid-Friendly cereals are most needed)
3. Ground coffee, tea, & Kool-Aid drink mix
4. NEW men’s underwear (size small) & NEW women’s underwear (sizes 5, 8, & 11)
6. Sneakers (women: sizes 7-9 & toddler boys/girls sizes 6c-4)
7. Baby bath soap
9. 2T girl’s clothes
10. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Secure online donations can be made by going to the GIVE NOW link, or checks can be made payable to Holy Family Shelter and mailed directly to the shelter (907 N. Holmes Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46222-3714). All contributions are deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Holy Family Shelter
907 N. Holmes Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana 46222
For directions to shelter.